Sunday, January 05, 2014




I have been wanting to start a blog for awhile now. A place to get my thoughts and tidbits of my day on paper. Every time i would start to seriously consider it, i came up with a new reason not too, until one day i ran out of excuses, so here i am. Taking the leap, hoping that one day my kids will be able to look back on it and remember our days, both the good and the bad.


I started reading blogs while i was nursing my first child Ava. Those long stretches of sitting and feeding every 2 hours, day and night, gave me a lot of time on my hands, and so i started surfing the web. I was looking for people who were in the same stage of life as me. Someone who had kids,was married, etc. I spent a lot of time browsing various blogs trying to find some that resonated with me. I ended up finding a few great ones that i still read today, www.lovetaza.com, www.heynataliejean.com (formerly Nat the Fat Rat) and www.thedaybookblog.com. These blogs always stuck with me the most and are ones i consistently go back to.


It is because of these blogs and my desire to have some kind of record of my life that i started this blog. I tried writing in a journal but there is no accountability so i found that i would go months without putting anything down on paper. I am hoping that feeling some kind of responsibility to this blog will make me write often and I will be able to leave a little mark on the world, that yes i was here, and i did this and it was great!


So here is to hoping that i become more accountable, that i make the time to “get things down on paper” and if i am really lucky that maybe i help a few other people get through those long sleepless nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment